Our new events calendar is a central list of all important events run by APS Vic District Groups. Has a Google map of how to get there, and links to relevant websites.
Plant shows and sales hosted by various district groups are extremely popular. It’s a brilliant way to get high quality plants and seedlings at bargain prices.
Australian Plants Society Victoria
The APS Victoria is a not for profit society with members from all walks of life and ethnicity. The membership includes home gardeners, students, academics and activists and we all share memorable experiences and activities together. Our primary motivation is the love of the australian flora and a wish to see the integration of our native plants within our urban and rural environment. The integration of the native flora has a positive effect upon our environment and encourages the re-introduction of native bird life, fauna and microclimates.
“To Promote the Appreciation and Preservation of Australian Plants.”
- Promote growing Australian plants in home gardens and public places
- Encourage the nursery industry to propagate and supply Australian plants
- Improve Australian plants as garden subjects
- Encourage the recognition and development of distinctive landscape styles and forms using Australian plants
- Encourage and facilitate the conservation and study of Australian plants and their habitats
- Monitor and encourage the strengthening of the laws for preservation of flora